Monday, March 25, 2013

I have forgotten everything but you.

i don't love you. but i c a r r y y o u r h e a r t w i t h m e. I suppose that means I hate you, because there was never such a thing as halfway with you. "Maybe" isn't in your vocabulary, and because I structure my whole life around that world alone, I have forgotten you. I have forgotten how you sculpted words that meant absolutely nothing into beauty and I have forgotten the mistake you transcribed in sharpie. I have forgotten your abnormally clean shoes and your phone that always seemed to die when you needed it. I have forgotten the way you used to say to me "I miss you to death right now" as if the absence of me took the air right out of your lungs. I have forgotten the dried flowers buried beneath the months in my closet. I have forgotten the lake, the love notes just because, and entire summers. I have forgotten everything. Everything but you.




i carry your heart with me - e.e. cummings



No comments:

Post a Comment